Daniel Rasmus has been occupied with deep research on Angry Birds, having become one of the top 300 players on the iPad HD Free version, out of a community of over 1 million players. That may be sad, but then again, it is deep research. Every time he flings an Angry Bird he thinks about a CIO. Here are the initial results of his investigation: Ten lessons from Angry Birds that will make you a better CIO.
- You have to play to figure out the rules
- People succeed best when their unique talents are recognised
- You can’t recover from a really bad start
- Different problems require different specialists
- Blowing something up isn’t necessarily felt everywhere
- Most improvements are incremental
- Just because you’ve mastered one task doesn’t make you master of all
- You can never do the same thing exactly the same way
- Some goals require more birds
- There is more than one way to win
Read his full research here.